Jobs in Germany

This job position has been removed from Arbeitnow and might not be hiring still.

  • Hi there 👋, we are looking for an Android engineer to join us in our Berlin office. We have a 40/60 percent share between office and remote work, meaning that we get together in our Berlin office for a minimum of 40% during a month to foster our team spirit. For the remaining 60% you can work remotely within Germany and for 20 days per year outside of Germany. Because of this 40/60 share, you should be able to come to our Berlin office regularly. We support your commute with a “Bahncard 50” which gives you a 50% discount on train tickets within Germany. Note that we cannot provide you with relocation & visa assistance.

    About this role

    The engineering department at Bring! Labs is an international team of 17 engineers across Switzerland and Germany. Our engineering culture is characterized by close collaboration across all platforms, flat hierarchies, and lean processes, meaning that your work will directly impact our users and customers.

    As an Android Engineer you will have the unique opportunity to join us in a strong growth phase and be responsible for all Android-related topics. The role includes the following:

    • You are responsible for the Bring! Android application
    • You implement new features, do code reviews, help improving the overall architecture and work with our UX team
    • You support the team on requirement engineering and testing
    • You are an active part of the engineering team and as such help improving our engineering process

    Requirements

    • You are currently working on larger Android application(s) from their development until their release
    • You have an extensive understanding of Android framework components and the capabilities of different Android API levels
    • You have strong computer science fundamentals in the topics: data structures, clean architectures, algorithms and automated testing
    • You are fluent in Kotlin and Java
    • You are experienced with the Android tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking (Android Studio, Git, Gradle, Jenkins) including Google Play Console and preferably also Firebase
    • You have experience with common Android libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Google Play Services, Android Jetpack
    • You are experienced in client-server architectures and you are able to take a generalist view on the whole platform
    • You live in Germany
    • You are fluent in both written and spoken English, it's a bonus if you speak German
    • It’s a bonus if you also have experience with Android Wear and if you’ve contributed to open-source projects

    Benefits

    • Hybrid working options, giving you the flexibility to work both from home and in the office.
    • Freedom and flexibility in your work schedule, allowing you to work when you're most productive.
    • The latest MacBooks/HPs, including a mouse, keyboard, and high-quality headphones for your work.
    • An extra day off on your birthday because we think it's important to celebrate.
    • A modern and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin (and additional offices in Zurich and Basel) with free barista-grade coffee.
    • A commitment to sustainability, including mostly traveling by public transport and providing a Bahncard 50.
    • Social events that bring the team together, including twice-yearly company-wide get-togethers and regular team events, all covered by us!

    At Bring! Labs, we value diversity and inclusivity and welcome applicants regardless of nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or family situation. We also encourage applications from people returning to work. Join us and experience why working at our company is the coolest thing ever!

    Interested in more? Visit our career page! We can’t wait to hear from you!

    Jobs at Bring! Labs AG