What is Anmeldung?
Anmeldung is the process of registering yourself and your residential address at a local citizens office Bürgeramt. When you move to Germany, you are required to register your address within the first 2 weeks.
When you do your Anmeldung for the first time, you get your tax ID Steueridentifikationsnummer - but you don't need to register yourself to get a tax ID.
If you have a residence permit and you change your address, you will get your updated address as a sticker on the back of your residence permit.
Pages that mention Anmeldung
- How to calculate salary in Germany (with examples!)
- Changing Jobs on Blue Card in Germany
- Blue Card in Germany (and how to get appointments)
- Losing your job or getting fired in Germany
- Visa Appointments at Ausländerbehörde in Berlin