We are Flink - your online supermarket revolutionising the way you do your grocery shopping. With a wide selection of over 2,400 high quality products, we aim to deliver to your door in just 10 minutes. We put our customers first and ensure all products delivered are fresh and nutritious. In addition to this, we are able customise our national assortment to be able to offer you unique local products in every city. Our delivery hubs are located in densely populated inner city locations and we strive to be sustainable by delivering on electric bikes and using packaging that can be recycled.
Founded by experienced e-commerce professionals and backed by some of the most renowned investors in Europe, we are growing rapidly and have a great hunger to continuously challenge ourselves. We pride ourselves in being an inclusive and equal opportunities employer with a diverse and multicultural team. If you want to be part of this exciting journey… read on!
In your role as Content Associate you are responsible for planning, producing, editing and publishing of content for our help centre, newsletters, macros and other communication channels. This position requires excellent skills in writing, editing and attention to detail.
- Monitoring and grade our outbound email conversations
- Evaluating whether processes are being followed and the solutions offered by the agents are in line with our SOPs
- Creating weekly and monthly quality reports reflecting on team performance.
- Advising Managers and Leads on the next steps for individual agents or the team
- Defining needs for training and discussing them with the Manager.
- Receiving and communicating feedback from the agents on our SOPs(processes, bottlenecks, and improvement opportunities) to the Manager
- Providing trend data and giving recommendations for changes to processes, procedures, and training for the team
- Experience with internal quality assurance
- Experience with contact center operations and functions across multiple departments
- Excellent English, German skills (written & spoken)
- Knowledge of QA tools like Klaus App would be a huge plus
- Knowledge of German labour law would be an advantage
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently of supervision
- A cool 20% off your personal Flink orders, be the first to test out new products!
- A unique opportunity to be an early bird and have an impact on our strategy
- A steep learning curve, the possibility to work in an energised and dynamic team within a fast-paced environment
- Flat company structure where taking leadership is encouraged
- For Berlin: A newly renovated and spacious HQ in the heart of Kreuzberg - lots of delicious lunch spots available within short walking distance
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.