Who we are
We are the leading independent e-commerce logistics platform in Europe that provides scalable fulfillment services for e-commerce businesses and fast-growing D2C brands. From warehousing, picking and packing, delivery, and returns management, we take care of the whole order fulfillment process for online shops. By using our solution, retailers get access to a broad network of warehouses across Europe, which are all interconnected via our software. This enables e-commerce retailers to manage their whole logistics with our powerful all-in-one tool, in the fastest and most efficient way possible. As a result, merchants can improve their delivery speed, reduce logistics costs and optimize product availability.
As a scale-up company with several offices across Europe, we are always looking for talented team players who are eager to help us shape the future of e-commerce logistics; and this is where you come into play.
This is what you will do
- Collaborate ‒ within ahighly-skilled team to fundamentally change the way people think about logistics software.
- Design ‒ simple solutions to complex problems, with a high degree of freedom, from start to finish.
- Develop ‒ robust, tested, and advanced applications, which you and our partners enjoy working with.
- Improve ‒ continuously improve our existing Android codebase
- Lead ‒ champion best practices and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Master ‒ invest in your professional development with an education budget, 10% time, and more
This is what you will need to succeed
- 1+ years of software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with JSON REST APIs
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs such as Maven, Gradle, jUnit, OkHttp, and similar.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
This is what is it in for you
- Choose where you work. With a remote working culture & a selection of swanky new offices, you can work from the comfort of your own home or one of our groovy hubs. Save on commute time by working remotely, or join colleagues in our offices & take advantage of the benefits that they have to offer. From beer taps & baristas to foosball tables; these pet-friendly havens allow you to work & interact in a dynamic environment.
- Relocation Assistance. We offer relocation for you and your family (and pets)! We work with top local relocation companies to help colleagues & their families relocate from all over the world. We have helped 20% of our current colleagues to relocate, and take pride in assisting soon-to-be byrdies to make the moving process as pain-free as possible.
- Permanent contracts. We offer full-time, permanent contracts to our colleagues. We hope to be working & growing together for a long time!
- Gym membership package. We want our employees to be healthy, happy, and well-rested. Our work-related activities are diversified; our movement is not. In order to create a balance, we offer Urban Sports Club (Germany, France, Italy, Spain) and MyClubs (Vienna) membership to everyone at byrd.
- Annual public transport tickets. We offer annual public transportation tickets to employees to compensate for the time they spend commuting and as an incentive to opt for the environmentally-friendly way of commuting to our offices. As our first entities were established in Austria & Germany, this perk is only currently available for Berlin & Vienna-based colleagues. Our HR team is working to extend this benefit to our other locations very soon.
- Tech pack and merch. We provide top-quality hardware that you need to help byrd move the needle. To top things off, we also provide lots of merch to our byrdies to keep us all swagged out.
- Regular team events. We are always happy to meet for team lunches or a small break to unwind and have a (virtual) cup of your favorite brew. In addition, team-building and celebratory events are at the core of our social gatherings, bringing colleagues together to celebrate our achievements and growth.
- Meaningful tasks. With us, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that have a direct impact on our company and our customers. You will have an opportunity to work with a team of experienced and passionate professionals that care for you and your contributions to the team.
- GROW with us. We have doubled in size each year since our inception in 2016 - and plan on continuing this trend. From a small Vienna back office to operating in seven countries, we want you to grow with us as we continue our quest to become the e-commerce fulfillment standard in Europe. Our barrier-free, open style of communication allows both new & tenured colleagues to impact key decisions & have their voices and ideas heard. Let's grow together.
📦 📦 📦
Last but not least, we are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity. Therefore, we do not discriminate based on religion, skin color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Should you wish to learn more about our company culture and our values, then feel free to check out our team page and our #byrdistheword. page.