Permanent contract, full-time or part-time, Cologne / Darmstadt / Düsseldorf / Remote
Who we are
We operate Kaufland.de: Several thousand sellers and millions of products make us one of the fastest growing online marketplaces. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the power of a big corporate group. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether you're an intern or a teamlead: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
We love flexibility! We offer you the best environment to work in a flexible and focused way: You decide whether you want to work in our office in Cologne // Darmstadt // Düsseldorf while at the same time having the opportunity to work remotely (Germany). We want to offer you the most attractive workplace in e-commerce and a maximum of flexibility for your personal work-life balance.
Day-by-day, our development team of over 300 experts pursues the goal of creating the best-possible customer shopping experience for the Kaufland marketplace. We are here to inspire millions of customers, to help them find, purchase and get the things they love. To enrich the lives of our customers, we collaborate in cross-functional teams, in which product managers, product designers, frontend and backend engineers, data scientists and lean managers join forces. Details regarding the challenges of the respective product areas can be found here: .
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- As an experienced Android Engineer (f/m/d), you will contribute to our very successful Retail Kaufland App while constantly aligning with your peers on the best practices and continuously improving development and delivery processes, and application architecture
- You connect us to our rapidly-growing customer base and, in cooperation with our UX / UI experts, you provide the perfect mobile user experience
- You closely collaborate with product managers and designers to help refine (and even define) hypotheses-driven and data-driven products & experiences
- Based on your well-founded experience and skills, you help scale the mobile team, lead by example and show your commitment to continuously improve your colleagues’ know-how, methodology and quality
- You proactively contribute your own suggestions, solutions and technologies to the development processes around the typical mobile application lifecycle challenges
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- Experience in core mobile language Kotlin, Compose
- Practical experience with different dependency injection (Hilt, Dagger 2 and annotation).
- Deep understanding to S.O.L.I.D and D.R.Y principles.
- Hands-on experience using different architecture patterns (MVVM, MVVM-C and MVP).
- Experience developing projects in a modular architecture.
- DevOps mindset: operating and maintaining our software is a collective responsibility
- Constant drive for improving processes and thinking in long-term wins
- Customer-centric with the ability to ship code quickly to our customers, with the responsibility of making good technical decisions
- Strong experience working in agile development teams (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- You have the drive to continuously develop both yourself and your team in order to become a little bit better every day
- Continuous Improvement: Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in Android development. Proactively suggest and implement improvements to enhance the user experience and application performance.
- You have excellent communication skills, are willing to embrace our company culture and values and enjoy working in an international, english-speaking team
What we offer
- Create your own work-life! We offer you the best possible flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- You would like to move to Germany? No problem - we offer you an attractive relocation package for a smooth start.
- The future is digital - Develop the e-commerce of the future with us and work on a product with millions of users with a broadly-based technology stack
- Power meets dynamic - flat hierarchies and start-up mentality meet the power of a big corporate group and offers you an agile and secure working environment at the same time
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Personal & team growth: We love to have flexibility in terms of working location, but we also believe that personal interactions are important. That’s why we organize company events, and cover the costs to bring you there and to other (approved) get togethers with your peers. The same applies to conferences and other learning opportunities. We want everybody to grow personally and professionally, as a team and as a company.
- Top conditions at the Urban Sports Club for fitness, team sports, yoga and more Check out our & our for even more insights into our company culture!
Refer an Engineer Program
You want to work for us, but not without your dearest colleague? Join us as a team and earn money by referring your buddy for one of our open Tech positions! Depending on the level we offer a bonus up to 1.300,- € per referral, which will be paid after successful recruitment (the first part with your first salary, the second part after your buddy passes the trial period).
Why are you the perfect fit for this position? Don't bother with cover letters - we're interested in facts and figures!
As we have very international teams, we would highly appreciate it to receive your CV or profile link in English.
Your contact person: Nils von Helldorff
Kaufland e-commerce Services GmbH & Co. KG
We are looking forward to your application!