What if... your work empowered change in an industry that essentially impacts the prosperity of the entire world? Forto is in business to exactly do that - disrupt logistics! Simplifying global trade has been our mission from day one. Our exponentially growing team of technology and logistics experts forge ahead each day with the goal to deliver a highly transparent, frictionless and sustainable digital supply chain while chasing towards our moonshot goal of achieving climate neutral operations by 2025.
As a Senior Manager in Accounting (f/m/d) you will support the proper implementation of new requirements under IFRS within the whole Forto Group.
- support the Group Accounting in the preparation of the consolidated monthly and yearly
group financial statements and the implementation of new requirements according to
IFRS in our consolidation software Lucanet
- Solve intercompany differences between our German parent company Forto Logistics
AG & CO KG and its subsidiaries by analyzing the root causes of the differences and
defining related adjustments for both partners
- Ensure the completeness and correctness of the monthly financial statement of our
German parent company by analyzing Balance Sheet and P+L extracted from our ERP-
system Business Central
- Oversee the day-to-day operations in the General ledger of our German parent
company with a special focus on the definition and calculation of necessary accruals
and provisions in order to guarantee a correct monthly IFRS-reporting for our German
- Monitor the correct handling of VAT-postings in the general ledger of our German parent
company which forms the basis for the monthly VAT-reporting
- Support the yearly closing process according to HGB for our German entities
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in accounting with a very solid knowledge of HGB and IFRS
- You are used to work in ERP-systems in the daily-today business, ideally you have experience in using Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in a fast-growing environment or the logistics industry is a plus
- You like to work in an organized and structured way, which is why you also proactively apply these skills where there is potential for improvement
- As a team player, you are committed to foster collaboration as well as constant functional knowledge sharing
- You have an open and direct personality which helps you to communicate to all stakeholders in a transparent way
- You are business fluent in English; German is a plus
Forto is an internationally growing company
| || |
- Company language: English
- 17+ offices across Europe & Asia
- 800+ employees
- 30+ nationalities represented
- 2500+ customers
Watch more about us
Read more about us
- At our core, we are in love with progress and cannot cope with the standstill.
- We are constantly striving for ways to be even better tomorrow. We are facilitators, we are explorers, we are visionaries.
- Forto provides a sense of belonging, where everyone has equal access to opportunities, career advancement and recognition. It stands for a workplace where people from all walks of life, with diverse perspectives and experiences can do their best work, while being their authentic selves. That's why we encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities to apply for our opportunities!
- Experience a company culture where we work on eye level and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring is on our daily agenda.
- We love our work and tackling business challenges but also believe in the importance of having a healthy balance with our personal life. That's why we appreciate a flexible work setup that fits around family, friends, and physical health.
- We have the freedom to work in a hybrid setup.
- Sustainability Team
- Emission Offsetting
- Green Energy
- Organic Food
- Paperless Office
- Inspiring Office Spaces
- Flexible Working Hours
- Team & Company Events
- Hybrid Work
- Peer Learning Program
- Mentorship Program
- Leadership Training
- L&D Budget
- Best Onboarding Program
- Visa & Relocation Support
- Remote Onboarding
- Buddy Program